The XII edition of the Congress of Latin American Women in Computing (LAWCC) will be held as part of the XLVI Latin American Conference on Informatics (CLEI) from October 19 to 23, 2020.
The main objective of LAWCC is to highlight the research, interest and achievements of women in the various areas of computing, with the intention of encouraging the active participation of more women. In the presentation of papers it is hoped to identify the challenges of women in areas related to Computation, Information Technology and Telecommunications (ICT) and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in teaching, in the workplace , in research and in society in general. It seeks to find ways to address recurring problems related to gender and interaction with society in this context, the topics of interest, although not exclusive, that are proposed for this year are:
Topics of Interest
- Analysis of the activity and participation of women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) in general.
- Female participation in scientific and technological events (hackathons, scientific clubs, etc.).
- Software development (games, apps and others) inclusive with a strong participation of women.
- Initiatives to promote gender equity in STEM / ICT.
- Gender and Human Computer Interaction.
- Female leadership models and ICT.
- Gender particularities in the development and implementation of ICT.
- Gender particularities in the teaching of STEM / ICT, in the 5 levels: initial, preschool, basic / primary, middle and higher education.
- Participation of women in national and international decision-making regarding the use of ICT.
- Public policies around Women and ICT.
Papers must be written in Spanish, Portuguese or English, and will be reviewed by an international program committee composed of members of the academy and industry. Submissions must be made through EasyChair.
The authors must select the event “XII Congress of Latin American Women in Computing.
All articles will be subject to “single blind review” by members of the Scientific Committee of the XII LAWCC. The reviewers will be governed by the CLEI Reviewers Code of Conduct.
Job submission format
The works can be FULL PAPER (10-12 pages) or SHORT PAPER (5-9 pages), both must be sent, in PDF, in the SPRINGER format (ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/llncs /word/splnproc1703.zip).
Submitted articles should not be published or under review at any other national or international conference or publication. Authors should adhere to the CLEI Author Code of Conduct (https://www.clei.org/codigo-de-conducta-para-los-autores/).
Publication and Indexing
All accepted papers will be published in the reports of the XII LAWCC that will be sent to CEUR-WS.org for publication online. If they are published in CEUR-WS.org, the minutes will have ISBN and will be indexed among others in DBLP and Scopus.
To ensure the publication of an approved article in the reports of the XII LAWCC, at least one of the authors will have to register in the XLVI CLEI, and the article will respect the suggested format and not exceed the maximum number of pages provided. In addition, authors of papers that receive recommendations to improve the article should follow them before sending the final version.
- Jun 14, 2020 (extended) – Receipt of contributions
- August 3, 2020 – Notification of acceptance
- September 6, 2020 – Reception Final Version of contributions
- Germania Rodríguez (UTPL), Ecuador
- Alicia García-Holgado (USAL), España
- Donna Roper, Universidad de Panama, Panamá
- Maria Elena García Diaz, Universidad Nacional de Asunción, Paraguay
- Gabriela Marin, Universidad de Costa Rica, Costa Rica
- Janneth Chicaiza, Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Ariella Quesada Rosales, Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica
- Rosiane de Freitas, IComp/UFAM, Brasil
- Cristiano Maciel, IComp/UFAM, Brasil
- Genoveva Vargas Solar, CNRS-LIG-LAFMIA, Francia
- Marcela Varas, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Maristela Holanda, Universidade de Brasília, Brasil
- Katty Rohoden, Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Diana Francisca, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Brasil
- Lilian Berton, Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Brasil
- Priscila Valdiviezo, Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Sarajane M., University of São Paulo, Brasil
- Maria E. Urquhart, UDELAR, Uruguay
- Lucy García-Ramos, Universidad del Norte, Colombia
- Luciana Bolan Frigo,Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brasil
- Aletéia Araújo, Universidade de Brasília, Brasil
- Karen Figueiredo, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Brasil
- Tanara Lauschner, Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Brasil
- Fabiola Guerra Nakamura, Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Brasil
- Luciana Salgado, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brasil
- Mirella M. Moro, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brasil
- Silvia Amélia, Meninas Digitais, Brasil
- Claudia Cappelli, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil